Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found a recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars on Pinterest and me being on a low carb lifestyle I decided I had to make these bars! So, I made a few ingredients carb friendly and here you are! These bars are amazing, they combine two of my fave desserts! And, you can't even tell they are low carb/ low sugar! ENJOY!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (Melted)
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I used Z-Sweet All Natural Sweetener, can be found at Whole Foods.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup almond flour (You can use another Low Carb substitute)
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 X 8 inch pan.
- Red Velvet: Add melted butter to a large bowl and add sugar substitute, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar, mixing after each addition. Whisk the eggs into cocoa mix. Mix flour until lightly combined. Pour batter into prepared pan leaving 1/3 cup left for top of bars.
- Cream Cheese: Blend together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Spread the cream cheese on top of red velvet layer in pan. Put remaining red velvet mix on top of cream cheese layer. Use top of knife to swirl through cream cheese mixture to create swirl pattern. Bake the brownies for 30 minute Remove and allow them to cool before cutting. ENJOY! :).
This is an amazing desert.....totally satisfies that "I need something sweet" craving....and the 21 carbs...is for the WHOLE brownie.....it makes 8 servings so there are about 2.8 carbs per serving....that rocks!! if you plan well...can even be used in induction. Thanks so much for sharing...I didnt have apple cider vinegar...so I used regular..which is what real red velvet calls for anyway... Had everything on hand..it was quick and easy...