Recipe by Munchkin1287
This is a redone version of the classic Hershey's hot chocolate recipe. Its delicious and a wonderful chocolate fix! * See cook's note
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 4 cups light soymilk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add soy milk; stirring constantly, heat to serving temperature. Reduce heat; make sure that once you have added the soy milk to the mixture, it does not boil. Heat it just so that it is warm or hot to your liking.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Whisk hot cocoa; the longer you whisk it, the frothier it will get.
- Cooks Note: If available, use LIGHT soy milk instead of regular soy milk. It will cut the calories in half, especially if you use a brand like Vitasoy Light.