Recipe by Melanie2590
If you love coconut and pecans, you'll love these cookies! These little cookies are nice and soft and are packed full of coconut and pecan flavor. I got the recipe from a friend but made a few changes to fit my tastes. Delish!
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Uh oh! These are dangerous; so delicious!! I made last night and put them in the fridge and made a few today. Plan to put the rest in the freezer to make a few at a time otherwise I might eat too many at a time! Really good! Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game. Edited to add: this works well in the freezer. I put one roll in the freezer, then pull it out and cut off what I want. Cookies bake up nicely just like when first made and, being in roll form, are easy to cut off a few at a time.
- 118.29 ml butter (i use real butter, but i'm sure it would work fine with margarine- might not be QUITE as tasty, thou)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 6.16 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 295.73 ml pecans
- 414.03 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 4.92 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in 1 cup coconut, saving the other 3/4 cup for later use.
- Combine flour, pecans, and baking soda in small bowl. Mix into coconut mixture.
- Once well mixed, sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup coconut on work surface.
- Divide dough into 3 parts and form into rolls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll dough in coconut until coated.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour. (dough can be frozen up to 6 weeks).
- Cut rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. My oven takes 15.
- Cool and enjoy!