Recipe by Chef Luvfood
Authentic tasting "white" clam sauce. Easy to prepare, yet delicious enough for company. I prefer to use White zinfandel wine, but any white wine will work fine.
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams with juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine to al dente, according to package directions.
- While linguine is cooking, in large skillet, add olive oil and diced onions, cook on med heat until translucent (about 5 min.).
- Add garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, parsley, and salt and pepper. cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Open cans of clams, drain, reserving liquid. Set clams aside.
- Add clam juice and wine to skillet. Bring to boil, and cook for 3-5 minutes, allowing liquid to cook down a bit. Add clams back in until heated.
- Add butter and cheese, and cook 2 minute more.
- Drain linguine, then add to pan with clam sauce and mix. Serve immediately, garnishing with additional chopped parsley and cheese.