Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the sauce that I use on some of my sushi rolls. Good used inside your favorite rolls, and sometimes it's used on top of rolls too. I mix this with lump crab to top my Spider Rolls with, to make a Manhattan Roll. They are YUMMY, and so is this sauce! Time does not include 2 hr. refrigeration time. This sauce will last for quite awhile in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Kewpie brand Japanese mayonnaise, found at Japanese and Asian Markets)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sambal oelek (Ground fresh chilis found at Asian Markets, Depending on how hot you like it start with 1 T. and go )
- 1 tablespoon smelt, roe (Masago, found at Japanese and Asian Markets)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for flavors to meld.
I love your recipes for making sushi, and the kinds to make. This sauce was just what I was looking for when I made my first batch. Delicious, and just like in the restaurant!
This is wonderful. I made this to go with your manhattan rolls and we loved them. I'm thinking this would go great on a sub sandwich too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.