Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love "poke" cakes during the hot Texas summers. This sounds cool and refreshing. Found on the back of Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon cake mix. Cook time includes chilling time. Update, I made this today and boy is it cool and refreshing since the temp. here in Texas was 96 today. I had a can of regular frosting and had some Cool-Whip left over from another time so I combined and made a nice creamy frosting.
- 510.29 g box lemon cake mix
- 295.73 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 453.59 g whipped fluffy white frosting mix or 453.59 g lemon frosting
- yellow sugar, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Make cake as directed for 13 x 9-inch pan; cool 15 minutes.
- Stir together lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with long fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
- Drizzle lemonade mixture evenly over top of cake. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Yummy! I found from Betty Crocker's web site. Super fun and delicious! Thanks for posting this recipe!