Recipe by True Texas
I love "poke" cakes during the hot Texas summers. This sounds cool and refreshing. Found on the back of Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon cake mix. Cook time includes chilling time. Update, I made this today and boy is it cool and refreshing since the temp. here in Texas was 96 today. I had a can of regular frosting and had some Cool-Whip left over from another time so I combined and made a nice creamy frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped fluffy white frosting mix or 16 ounces lemon frosting
- yellow sugar, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Make cake as directed for 13 x 9-inch pan; cool 15 minutes.
- Stir together lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with long fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
- Drizzle lemonade mixture evenly over top of cake. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.