Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this off of allrecipes.com website. It is delicious!!!!!! I have made it 3-4 times since finding it in March. Very moist, YUM.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrres. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Add the water, oil, and eggs, mix until smooth and well blended. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. While the cake is still hot poke holes in the top with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Pour over hot cake.
I made this as written using a lemon cake mix and fresh squeezed lemon juice and it was very good. I would make it again.
This was very moist and very easy to prepare. I will be making this one often. Prepared for PAC fall '09.
My first time making a poke cake, it was super easy and the cake was delicious. I brought it to a girl's weekend at the cabin and everyone really enjoyed it.