Bonnie G #2's Note:
Another recipe from my favorite magazine "Taste of Home" I love Lemon and these are described "light cookies that will melt in your mouth - just the right sweet with a cup of coffee or tea." A tip given states "to freez drop cookie dough, drop dough in amounts recipe calls for onto bakiing sheet and freeze until solid. Once frozen, place cookies into a resaealable plastic bag. When ready to bake, let thaw on a baking sheet for 30 min. before baking." Great idea for future uses. Prep time does not include refrigeration. Update, thanks Carrol for some great hints - have a feeling this may be one of those recipes that needs some help, will try these with the added sugar to see if it helps and the extra lemon zest. This may be one of those recipes that needs a lot of help.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1In small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in lemon juice.
- 3Combine flour, cornstarch and lemon peel; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 4Shape into 1 1/2 inch roll; wrap in plastic wrap.
- 5Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 6Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 7Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 9Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- 11In small bowl beat butter until fluffy.
- 12Add confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and peel.
- 13beat until smooth.
- 14Spread over cooled cookes; sprinkle with additional lemon peel if desired.
- 15Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lover's Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g