Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I had leftover spaghetti. But leftover spaghetti just isn't that great- it's dry, boring...what could I do with it? I made soup...and it was GREAT! Now, I make extra spaghetti just so we can have this soup later in the week!!
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (any red kind will do)
- 1.5 (26 ounce) jars chicken broth (or water with boullion)
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- leftover spaghetti, chopped into 1-2 inch strands
- grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- In a crockpot, combine first three ingredients and turn on low. Let cook for 7 hours or so.
- Add spaghetti and stir well. Let cook for another hour.
- Serve ladled into bowls with cheese sprinkled on top. Goes great with hot homemade bread!
i had a sauce I had made that was full of veggies so i just used that instead of the sauce and veggies. and it was very good!
This turned out very well. I found that the flavour was a bit bland. I ended up adding some spices to it. I used leftover penne pasta instead of the spaghetti. I cut the pasta crosswise into little circles and it came out looking really neat.