Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A recipe my neighbor made my DH. You could always use the grill with this recipe.
- 2 lbs leg of lamb
- 6 feta cubes (1 inch)
- 12 small onions, peeled
- 6 pieces kefalotiri (1 inch cubes)
- 6 small carrots, cut lingthwise
- 6 stalks celery & leaves
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, halved and parboiled
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut lamb in 4 to 5 inch servings. Place each piece on a square of heavy-duty foil. arrange on each piece of lamb on each of 2 onions,cheese, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Sprinkle small amount of lemon juice on each serving. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Foil like a package to seal in all of the flavor.
- Arrange packages close together in baking pan. Bake for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Serve a foil package to each person.
I made this last night and we did like it, the lamb was tender and the potatoes soft but still held their shape. I think next time I might add some oregano or thyme just to add that little extra. I used feta and a New Zealand sheeps milk cheese instead of kefalotiri. Made for ZWT4, Thanks.
BLUE ROSE - I want to kiss you! This was FANTASTIC! It was a big hit with everyone here. The smell when it was cooking was heavenly. The ease of making it was excellent and the clean up...well took 2 mins. Almost a perfect meal. We loved the flavors, the lamb was so tender and flavorful. I put the salt and pepper on the meat and potatoes, then layered the rest on top. Otherwise made it completely as directed. This goes directly into my favorites cookbook. PAC-FALL07 review. Thank you for posting this one!!