Recipe by BLUE ROSE
A recipe my neighbor made my DH. You could always use the grill with this recipe.
Top Review by LilKiwiChicken
I made this last night and we did like it, the lamb was tender and the potatoes soft but still held their shape. I think next time I might add some oregano or thyme just to add that little extra. I used feta and a New Zealand sheeps milk cheese instead of kefalotiri. Made for ZWT4, Thanks.
- 2 lbs leg of lamb
- 6 feta cubes (1 inch)
- 12 small onions, peeled
- 6 pieces kefalotiri (1 inch cubes)
- 6 small carrots, cut lingthwise
- 6 stalks celery & leaves
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, halved and parboiled
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut lamb in 4 to 5 inch servings. Place each piece on a square of heavy-duty foil. arrange on each piece of lamb on each of 2 onions,cheese, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Sprinkle small amount of lemon juice on each serving. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Foil like a package to seal in all of the flavor.
- Arrange packages close together in baking pan. Bake for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Serve a foil package to each person.