1/1 Photo of Kim's Cinnamon Flax Muffins
Low carb muffins that I have found on several web sites. I'm posting here to make sure it's saved and also to get the updated nutritional info since I have changed the recipe to substitute plain no fat yoghurt for the 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp oil the original recipe called for
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nonfat yogurt, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar-free syrup (Davinci's or Torani are good, any flavour, sweetened with Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (yes, this is the right amount, it's not too much, trust me!)
- 1Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork or wisk.
- 2Add the yoghurt, syrup, vanilla and water.
- 3In another small bowl combine dry ingredients.
- 4Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture.
- 5Let sit 5 minutes.
- 6Spoon into small well greased muffin cups. Don't use paper; they stick.
- 7Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Turn out onto a rack to cool.
- 9Store in the fridge or freezer.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kim's Cinnamon Flax Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 94.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: