Recipe by gourmetmomma
Every time I make this, my husband swears it smells and tastes like Thanksgiving dinner. I suppose it could be made with Turkey cutletts to be even closer, but I've always used chicken.
Top Review by heidi_lennartz
This was really good. I made one to bake right away, and one to freeze for later. The only thing I would change is to spread a little of the syrup/seasoning mixture onto the chicken breasts before layering the other ingredients. The chicken was bland, but I think this would help. I made a green bean casserole to go with this, and everything really did taste and smell like thanksgiving! Thanks for a tasty and easy recipe.
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- TO MAKE IN A PAN:
- Place the chicken breasts (still frozen) on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the apples, sweet potatoes, and onion on top.
- Sprinkle on the nuts and craisins.
- Place one pat of butter on each breast.
- Mix the maple syrup and poultry seasoning together and drizzle on top.
- TO MAKE IN A BAG:
- Put everything except the maple syrup, poultry seasoning, and butter into a ziplock bag.
- Melt the butter and combine with poultry seasoning and maple syrup.
- Put these in a little bowl and freeze separately (in the bag).
- When ready to cook, dump the bag out and then pour the (thawed) syrup butter mix on top.
- To cook: Thaw. Cook covered in a 350 oven for 30-45 minutes. I confess I normally skip the thaw step and put it in the oven.