Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From an old pamphlet put out by Pillsbury 25+ years ago. Still gets compliments! Lots of srong flavors!
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml shortening
- 414.03 ml sweetened applesauce (1 lb can)
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml chopped nuts (i like 1/2 of each)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease BOTTOM ONLY of 8" square pan.
- (or 11 x 7).
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and applesauce, heating over medium til butter melts Remove from heat and blend in all remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined Pour batter into pan, spreading to edges.
- Bake@ 350 30-35 minutes until top springs back when touched.
- Serve warm or cool, plain or with whipped cream.
i used butter and 1 cup of raisins I had soaked in hot water for 10 Min. I used the 11x7 pan for 30 minutes. this was the easiest and yummiest quick and easy cake ever
I made this twice! A winner.! Once with homemade quick applesauce, nuts and allspice. Then again with the applesauce, craisins and chopped nuts. I didn't have any raisins. I served with vanilla ice cream. Since allspice is cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves combined, I just added the measurements into one. I also used brown sugar instead of white sugar. I am make again.