Recipe by Margaret3
From an old pamphlet put out by Pillsbury 25+ years ago. Still gets compliments! Lots of srong flavors!
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml shortening
- 414.03 ml sweetened applesauce (1 lb can)
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml chopped nuts (i like 1/2 of each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease BOTTOM ONLY of 8" square pan.
- (or 11 x 7).
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and applesauce, heating over medium til butter melts Remove from heat and blend in all remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined Pour batter into pan, spreading to edges.
- Bake@ 350 30-35 minutes until top springs back when touched.
- Serve warm or cool, plain or with whipped cream.