Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is equal to an 8.5 ounce box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. When another recipe calls for a box of JIffy Corn Muffin Mix, use the mixed dry ingredients from this recipe as a substitute. This is a very easy copycat recipe because it uses Bisquick. Store any unused dry mix in an airtight container.
- 158.51 ml Bisquick baking mix
- 118.29 ml yellow cornmeal
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml milk
- 1 egg
- Using whisk, mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Use above mixed dry ingredients in recipes calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- If making corn muffins:.
- Preheat oven to 400-F.
- Stir in milk and egg. Stir until lumps are gone.
- Fill standard muffin cups half full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until muffin tops are slightly browned.
- Makes 6 muffins.
Very easy and doesn't make too much for the two of us. I used Heart Smart Bisquick and should have put in 1/2 tsp baking powder, but will the next time. Thanks for a great cornbread recipe. Carole in Orlando
Quick and easy. Thank you!
So. Incredably. Amazing. I joined simply to write this review, and I never ever write reviews. So I mostly followed the recipe, I didn't have the pepper, so I used roasted red bell pepper (1/3 c) and black table pepper for "spicy". I also added garlic and onion simply b/c i add that to almost everything we eat... What can i say, we are italian, i must! It was amazing.alsaladggagarlicand onion as I aa