Recipe by Foxxyladyone
Are you ready for tasty goodness? Get out that crock pot, slow cooker or multi-cooker & come along with me!
Top Review by Tom Collins
This is prety much the same recipe I have posted on my site, Breast of Chicken on Rice , which I became aware of back in the 50/60s when my mother used to make this dish...It was designed for oven baking and I am very happy to now see a crockpot version...A couple of changes I made: I didn't use the cheese...I DID add a can of mushrooms (a must)...After adding the soup mixture like you suggested, I decided to mix the chicken with the soup mixture to be sure the chicken was well surrounded by the soup for maximum flavor instead of leaving the chicken on the bottom...I did NOT add the butter, but a little bit of olive oil instead...After 7 hours or so, this dish too, was a little soupy...I removed the cover to the crockpot for about a half an hour and some of the liquid evaporated and it turned out great...The oven version for me, has a tad more flavor due to the method of applying the soup...But thanks for a new take on an old dish...I'll be making this often...
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl- mix onion soup mix, milk, cream of mushroom soup & rice together. set aside.
- In your slow cooker- spray lightly with non- stick spray & lay chicken breasts at bottom. Place 1 tablespoon of butter on each breast & pour soup mix over top.
- Season with S & P & sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Turn crock pot on low & cook for 8 - 10 hours, or until chicken cooked throughout & ready to eat!