Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
These look like you spent a lot of time, but are quick and easy and taste divine. Serve with a salad or fresh veggies for a simple, yet elegant dinner.
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices swiss cheese (thin slices)
- 4 slices prosciutto (thin slices) or 4 slices lean ham (thin slices)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound each chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Salt & Pepper each piece of chicken to your taste.
- Layer 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of prosciutto or lean ham onto each chicken breast.
- Roll to enclose the filling.
- Secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- Mix paprika, bread crumbs, Parmesan & garlic powder, in a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken rolls into melted butter or margarine or sometimes I use olive oil, whichever you like best.
- Roll in crumb coating mixture to coat chicken rolls.
- Place rolls seam sides down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.