Recipe by SusieQusie
This has been a quest for me since eating at the III Forks in North Dallas a few years. I tried to duplicate the dressing but failed miserably, many times. I found this version on the Texas Monthly website & it comes darn close to the original.
Top Review by SPrins
I used feta cheese instead of blue since my DH doesn't like blue cheese. That's a major change, so I won't leave a rating . . . but I can only imagine it would be awesome with blue cheese (which I love!!). Thanks for sharing! :O)
Maple Pecan Vinaigrette
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, lightly toasted, plus pecans to garnish
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup pecan oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups greens, field greens or 8 cups spinach, washed &dried
- 2 granny smith apples, cored, sliced into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled
- Combine ¾ cups pecans and apple cider in blender and puree. Pour mixture into large bowl.
- Whisk in cider vinegar, maple syrup and dry mustard.
- Combine oils and add to mixture, whisking until well combined. Makes about 2 ¼ cups dressing.
- Heat vinaigrette slowly over low heat in saucepan.
- Arrange salad plates with greens, sliced apples and crumbled blue cheese. Ladle on warm vinaigrette and sprinkle with toasted pecans.