1/1 Photo of Ice Cream Cake
24 hrs 45 mins
Perfect for Birthday Parties, or Block Parties
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take a pan that is 1 foot in diameter and line it with tin foil.
- 2First place pot on top of sheet of tin foil.
- 3Wrap the bottom of the pot.
- 4Lift pot, and cut out the circle that is formed from the bottom of the pot. (leave about 1cm of extra).
- 5Place Circle on the bottom of pot.
- 6Finish lining the rest of the pot with tinfoil. (make sure to leave excess hanging over the sides).
- 7Crush 1.5 rows of the Oreo cookies in a ziploc bag until crumbs.
- 8Melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- 9Pour Oreo crumbs into butter and knead until moistened. Add more butter if needed.
- 10Add two shakes of turtle shell ice cream topping to mixture and knead.
- 11Pour Oreo Crust mixture into bottom of pot.
- 12Spread over bottom until you can no longer see the tinfoil. (Crust should be about 1cm thick).
- 13Drizzle a small amount of turtle shell ice cream topping on top of crust in circular motion.
- 14Freeze for about 8 minutes.
- 15Pour in first tub of melted ice cream, and spread evenly over crust.
- 16Freeze for about 1.5 hours.
- 17Crush the remaining middle row of Oreos, and 1/3 of the remaining row.
- 18Spread crumbs over the layer of ice cream, then add a little bit of pressure.
- 19Drizzle a small amount of turtle shell ice cream topping on top of crust in circular motion.
- 20Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 21If Bottom half of cake seems solid, add second ice cream layer.
- 22Freeze overnight, or until completely solid.
- 23Flip pot upside down and gently pull on the excess tinfoil to free cake from pot.
- 24First remove tinfoil from bottom, then remove the sides.
- 25Crush the remaining Oreos and add to top of cake.
- 26Drizzle the remaining turtle shell ice cream topping in a zig-zag fashion over top of cake, and along the edge of cake.
- 27Decorate with icing scallops around the top and bottom edge of cake.
- 28Freeze for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 371.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ice cream topping