Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This powdered hot tea mix flavored with orange, cloves, and cinnamon has been a favorite of mine since childhood... and is now a favorite inexpensive gift for friends and family. Our family can't go through fall or winter without it! (The vitamin C, cinnamon, and cloves are all proven germfighters, too!)
- 20 ounces tang powdered drink mix (one full tub)
- 1⁄3 cup instant tea (I use the kind with lemon)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or 3 if you like it sweeter)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly. A food processor makes this effortless, but I managed with a blender for years, and have even stirred it together by hand when necessary-- although it's not quite as pretty when done that way.
- To enjoy: stir 2-3 heaping teaspoons into a mug of hot water and adjust to suit your own taste. Ahhh!
- This mix starts to harden in the jar after six months or so, so drink up! Servings and Yield are approximations only.
Delicious. I tried another recipe but it seemed to have too much instant tea flavor. Not this one, this recipe is really good!
I haven't seen this recipe for years! Can't believe it popped up as the first recipe when I joined this site!
This is great for anytime tea - but I love sharing with the wee ones. They all want to have tasty tea with Grandma, and I'm not always in the mood for herbal teas. This will be great to share with them. I haven't had it since my own children were wee little ones! Thanks!