Recipe by Fuzzy's Finds
This powdered hot tea mix flavored with orange, cloves, and cinnamon has been a favorite of mine since childhood... and is now a favorite inexpensive gift for friends and family. Our family can't go through fall or winter without it! (The vitamin C, cinnamon, and cloves are all proven germfighters, too!)
- 20 ounces tang powdered drink mix (one full tub)
- 1⁄3 cup instant tea (I use the kind with lemon)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or 3 if you like it sweeter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly. A food processor makes this effortless, but I managed with a blender for years, and have even stirred it together by hand when necessary-- although it's not quite as pretty when done that way.
- To enjoy: stir 2-3 heaping teaspoons into a mug of hot water and adjust to suit your own taste. Ahhh!
- This mix starts to harden in the jar after six months or so, so drink up! Servings and Yield are approximations only.