Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy (potentially raw/vegan) recipe for a tasty treat. adapted from the nourishing gourmet. coconut butter, or manna, can be from the healthy food store- brands nutiva and artisana are both very good. you can use the coconut nectar or agave for raw. cook time is freezer time.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil (unrefined, raw)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (or coconut nectar, like coconut secrets brand)
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional, recommended)
- 2 -4 tablespoons coconut butter (optional)
- 12 -24 almonds (optional)
- coconut chocolate- use instead of the dark chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (or coconut nectar)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- for the coconut part melt the coconut oil with the honey, stirring to combine (add coconut butter/manna now if using).
- stir in almond extract and shredded coconut.
- divide into a 12 muffin tin and press 1-2 almonds into each if you want almond joy version.
- freeze about 15 minutes.
- for the chocolate part melt coconut oil and honey together, stir in vanilla and cocoa powder with a whisk or beaters
- top coconut patties with 2 tbs each of the chocolate and freeze 30 minutes.
- store in the freezer or refrigerator.