Got this recipe off a do it yourself site. It really works and is much cheaper than buying detergent at the store. Add a small amount of essential oil to give it a good smell!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix Fels Naptha soap in a saucepan with 3 pints of water, and heat on low until dissolved.
- 2Stir in Washing Soda and Borax.
- 3Stir until thickened, and remove from heat.
- 4Add 1 Quart Hot Water to 2 Gallon Bucket.
- 5Add soap mixture, and mix well.
- 6Fill bucket with hot water, and mix well.
- 7Set aside for 24 hours, or until mixture thickens.
- 8Use 1/2 cup of mixture per load.
- 9Essential Oils can be added to soap for fragrance*Washing Soda can be found on the laundry detergent aisle of your supermarket.
- 10It comes in a yellow box.
- 11Baking soda SHOULD NOT be used in place of washing soda.
- 12They are completely different products.
Browse Our Top Household Cleaner Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Household Cleaner Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent
Serving Size: 1 (2403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: