Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I got this from a friend who is following the Feingold diet. We are trying to cut out artificial flavoring and coloring. This lets my kids eat jello, one of their favorites, without the added coloring. Cook time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by homeandhearth
Great recipe! Used left over extra light syrup from canning plums to make plum jello with bits of plum floating in it! Can't wait to try other flavors! I doubled the recipe and it still worked really well.
- 7.08 g packetknox gelatin powder
- 473.18 ml 100% fruit juice
- 14.79-29.58 ml honey or 14.79-29.58 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatine in 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Put remaining juice into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add softened gelatine and sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Add fresh fruit, if using and pour into mold and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.