Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this from a friend who is following the Feingold diet. We are trying to cut out artificial flavoring and coloring. This lets my kids eat jello, one of their favorites, without the added coloring. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 7.08 g packetknox gelatin powder
- 473.18 ml 100% fruit juice
- 14.79-29.58 ml honey or 14.79-29.58 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh fruit (optional)
- Soften gelatine in 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Put remaining juice into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add softened gelatine and sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Add fresh fruit, if using and pour into mold and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
Great recipe! Used left over extra light syrup from canning plums to make plum jello with bits of plum floating in it! Can't wait to try other flavors! I doubled the recipe and it still worked really well.
Made my own "juice" (limeade?) by mixing 3/4 cup of lime juice from our tree with 1 and 1/4 cup water. I added 1/2 cup sugar and it made a more tart, but lightly sweet lime jello, with the most incredible flavor. I could see all kinds of possibilities for this recipe. Make sure you love the flavor of the juice you use, since that is the entire flavor of your final product.
This was GREAT! We used Juicy Juice Kiwi Strawberry as well and used 1 tablespoon of honey. Yummy! We'll be making this all summer long. Thanks!