Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Some yummy, moist bran muffins. Quick and easy to make!
Make and share this Healthy Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners.
- Mix together wheat bran and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix in bran mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into bran mixture until just blended.
- Scoop into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped.
I'm a little surprised at how yummy these are. I love how they're made with almond milk, too. They have just the right amount of sweetness - I was worried that these would be really bland, but they're great! I might add some cinnamon and ginger, but not because they need it. They're great as written! Excellent!