Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is a special dish prepared for Holi( the festival of colours) which falls on March 28th this year. Happy Holi to everyone!
For the dough
- 1⁄2 kg plain wheat flour
- 75 g ghee (for cooking)
- 100 ml full cream milk
- 100 ml water
For the stuffing
- 1⁄2 kg reduced sweet dried milk
- 300 g sugar
- 100 g chirongi nuts (type of nuts)
- 100 g raisins
- 15 g cardamom powder
- 1 liter ghee (for cooking)
- 50 ml water, for, sealing, the, dumpling
- For the dough: Take the flour, ghee, milk and water in a pot.
- Knead the mixture until it becomes thick.
- After kneading, make small dumplings out of the dough (approx. 50 pcs.).
- Keep aside for atleast 30 minutes.
- For the stuffing: Mix all the ingredients mentioned for the stuffing and then rub the mixture by hand by using the palm of your hands.
- Take the dough dumplings one by one and flatten them on a flat surface by using a roller.
- Roll out to approximately 4 inches in diameter.
- Place a soup spoon full of mixture on top of each flat dough surface and fold the flattened dough into a half-moon shape.
- Press from all corners to seal by dipping your fingers in water and pressing the corners.
- Method for cooking: Take a deep frying pan.
- Put ghee and allow it to heat till smoking point.
- Deep fry each dumpling till golden brown, remove and place on a kitchen towel to drain the oil.
- Allow to cool.
- Assemble the whole portion of fried dumplings.
- Put on a large platter and serve.