Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Moist and delicious, with a fun ingredient. Similar to a pound cake.
Make and share this Guatemalan Corn Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn, mashed and strained,then add milk to corn to make one cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all ingredients on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes, then turn out of pan.
- Cool; dust with powdered sugar if desired.
I'm from and live in Guatemala and this cake isn't from Guatemala, it's just a doctored cake with sweet corn kernels :/
Very good! I would take the corn in the blender suggestion next time because it was hard to mash. I made this into cupcakes for my son's culture day at school. The kids liked them.
Very good cake. Made it for a scouting event and all the girls loved it.