Recipe by PaulaG
I was in the process of making a "quick" guacamole to go with fajitas. The salsa I had planned to use had gone bad. Rotel to the rescue. I drained a can of Rotel tomatoes and dinner was saved.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
A can of Rotel is the easiest way to make outstanding guacamole! Just open a can, mash an avocado with a potato masher, add the other ingredients and presto! Some tips are to make sure that you drain the can thoroughly so the end product isn't watery, and don't use the Habanero type unless you are sure your friends like spicy food. I usually use key lime juice instead of lemon juice. Also one big Florida avocado is the perfect size for one can. Thanks for posting the recipe here!
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit and scoop out pulp; place in medium size bowl along with onion, pepper and garlic.
- Mash the avocado and stir in drained Rotel tomatoes and green chili, sprinkle with lemon juice, stir, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.