Cristina Barry's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 large zucchini, roughly 4 pounds
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt, preferable gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- shaved parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1Prepare a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high.
- 2Wash the zucchini and trim the ends.
- 3Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise.
- 4Toss the zucchini with 1/3 of the olive oil, gray salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Quickly grill the zucchini ribbons on 1 side, until lightly marked and wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Remove to a plate or a baking dish and let cool slightly.
- 7When slightly cooled toss zucchini in a bowl with the remaining ingredients except nuts, if using and Parmesan.
- 8Spread onto a serving platter, top with pine nuts, if desired and shave Parmesan over the top.
- 9Eat and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Zucchini Ribbon Salad - Michael Chiarello
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g