1/3 Photos of Grilled Chicken Tikka
This is a recipe that I developed from a mixture of recipes, adapting to our tastes. I hope you enjoy it :) Time to make doesn't include time to marinate. Cooking time is an estimate, depending on how hot your grill is and how big your chicken cubes are. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- melted butter or olive oil, for brushing
- lime, for serving
- 1Clean your chicken, and cut it into cubes for threading on skewers.
- 2Take a fork and prick the chicken many times.
- 3Put lemon juice in bowl with chicken, stir well, and set it aside.
- 4In a large bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- 5Place the chicken in the bowl with the marinade, and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably 4-6 hours.
- 6Thread chicken onto skewers.
- 7Heat your grill with a nice flame and place chicken skewers on the grill.
- 8Brush with butter or olive oil, and grill approximately 6 minutes on each side, or until done, having nice grill/char markiings.
- 9Once you have grilled one side for 6 minutes, turn them over and brush with butter or olive oil, and grill 6 more minutes or until done.
- 10Serve with lime wedges on the side for squirting on chicken pieces; YUM!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Tikka
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 326.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.6 g