Recipe by Sydney Mike
This version of a green tea smoothie was found in the May 2007 cookbooklet Smoothies & Summer Drinks. Preparation time does not include time needed for brewed tea to chill completely.
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon sorbet, frozen
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup club soda, well chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags in heatproof mug, then add boiling water & steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove & discard tea bags, & refrigerate brewed tea until cold.
- Place chilled tea, sugar, lemon juice, lemon sorbet & 4 ice cubes in blender, blending on high until mixture is frothy & ice cubes finely ground, up to 1 minute.
- Pour into pitcher, then add club soda & stir carefully to mix.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses & enjoy!