Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This version of a green tea smoothie was found in the May 2007 cookbooklet Smoothies & Summer Drinks. Preparation time does not include time needed for brewed tea to chill completely.
- Place tea bags in heatproof mug, then add boiling water & steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove & discard tea bags, & refrigerate brewed tea until cold.
- Place chilled tea, sugar, lemon juice, lemon sorbet & 4 ice cubes in blender, blending on high until mixture is frothy & ice cubes finely ground, up to 1 minute.
- Pour into pitcher, then add club soda & stir carefully to mix.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses & enjoy!
Made recipe as posted. Perfect amount of sugar, and had great Lemon flavor :).. Made for PRMR tag.
This was good! I did add the sugar because I do not like tart things and with the lemon juice and lemon sorbet, the 3 Tbs sugar was a perfect amount. Will be a good summer drink. Made for 1-2-3-Hits March 2010.
Absolutely wonderful. I made it exactly as written, except I did not add the sugar. I have been recovering from the flu, and this was the perfect antidote! Hydrating and healthful! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.