Recipe by Meredith K.
A great way to eat your spinach! This is really good tasting, low cal and very healthy! I know it sounds very weird, but give it a try. My 11 year-old gives it thumbs up, too.
Top Review by Tracy3906
Yum! We used apple juice, 2 room temp bananas, frozen bagged spinach, and a kid strawberry yogurt. My 3 girls are all loving it! Even my sweet-toothed picky 5 year old said, "mommy, this is awesome!" and they are all headed to the kitchen for 2nds!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fruit juice (I like orange-pineapple)
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt (I use plain fat-free)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- (Peel the banana BEFORE you freeze it!).
- Pour juice into a blender jar.
- Add chunked banana, yogurt, and spinach.
- Blend thoroughly on High.
- Enjoy! This recipe obviously can be tweaked to your heart's content -- add other fruit, use flavored yogurt, or even add ice cream or sherbet. It's an especially good way to use fruit that's slightly past its prime.