Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great way to eat your spinach! This is really good tasting, low cal and very healthy! I know it sounds very weird, but give it a try. My 11 year-old gives it thumbs up, too.
- (Peel the banana BEFORE you freeze it!).
- Pour juice into a blender jar.
- Add chunked banana, yogurt, and spinach.
- Blend thoroughly on High.
- Enjoy! This recipe obviously can be tweaked to your heart's content -- add other fruit, use flavored yogurt, or even add ice cream or sherbet. It's an especially good way to use fruit that's slightly past its prime.
Yum! We used apple juice, 2 room temp bananas, frozen bagged spinach, and a kid strawberry yogurt. My 3 girls are all loving it! Even my sweet-toothed picky 5 year old said, "mommy, this is awesome!" and they are all headed to the kitchen for 2nds!
Good recipe! I would cut the juice down to 1 cup, but I like thick smoothies so to each their own.
I added a handful of frozen cherries to my smoothie. It was very good, and like everyone has said, you can't even taste the spinach!