Blueberry and Green Tea Smoothie
This recipe comes from Prevention Magazine. It was about how to boost your fat burn. Green tea gives your metabolism an extra jolt and so give this a try for those of you who are breakfast skippers. Or for those of us who just like these flavor combinations:-)
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 green tea bags (brew tea the night before to save time in the morning)
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 ice cubes
- 12 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons almonds, whole dry-roasted, unsalted (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- Bring water to a boil and pour over tea bags.
- Steep 4 minutes.
- Squeeze and remove tea bags and discard.
- Chill tea overnight.
- If using fresh blueberries, place in freezer overnight.
- Place tea, blueberries, ice, yogurt, almonds, and flaxseed in blender.
- Process until smooth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So I tried out this recipe today with a few modifications and it turned out to taste very watery and bland and just not appetizing. I halved the recipe to make 1 serving yet made enough to serve at least 4 people. I think it might've been the nonfat plain Greek yogurt that I used although I did follow a previous commenter's suggestion of using a plain yogurt then adding vanilla extract. I tried adding an overripe banana into it last minute to try and give it taste, to sweeten it up, but unfortunately it did nothing really...1Replies 3