Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this corn bread. It is so southern style. Made in a cast iron skillet. Makes me think of my "Grandmas" country cookin. My grandma always cooked big because of our big family. This will serve a family of 8-9 people. I hope you enjoy the taste of "Grandma Joe's" just as we did...
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, olive oil or 6 tablespoons oil, of choice
- 4 cups cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven 375 degrees.
- coat 10 inch cast iron skillet evenly (spray or oil).
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- add milk and eggs continue to mix until blended.
- add melted butter or shorting (optional) mix well.
- Bake 25 to 30 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
- carefully remove from oven when done.
- coat lightly with butter and serve.