Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Risotto is the ultimate comfort food; thick, creamy and warming. The blend of creamy goats cheese and sweet red peppers are devine!
- 1 1⁄2 liters of hot vegetable stock
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g arborio rice
- 150 ml minimum white wine, preferably dry
- 25 g butter
- good quality olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 red peppers
- 200 g of crumbled goat cheese
- Take the peppers and roast or grill them until the flesh is soft, the skin charred and they have a lovely smoky texture. Next put them into a food bag and seal tightly. As they cool the skin will become loose and be easy to peel off. Chop the flesh roughly and put to one side.
- In a saucepan, put olive oil, butter and the chopped onion and fry over a low heat until soft and translucent. While this is cooking, make up the stock, remembering to use boiling water.
- When the onions are cooked, stir in the risotto rice, making sure that it is becomes completely covered in oil. The grains should glisten. Allow the rice to toast for a couple of minutes and add the wine and a quarter of the hot stock. Stir and then bring the mixture to the boil, before reducing the heat so it bubbles contentedly.
- The secret to a good creamy risotto is to add the stock gradually, stirring the mixture occasionally until the liquid is absorbed and then adding some more. Continue in this way, until all the stock is used up and the grains still have a little bite to them.
- Finally stir in the desired combination of goats' cheese, roasted red peppers. Season to taste and transfer to a hot dish to serve.
I don't know how I managed not to review this dish. It was a huge hit at our house. Very rich and creamy. I used chicken stock rather than vegetable since it was what I had on hand. I served it for Christmas dinner with ham.
This meal is absolutely delicious, my whole family loved it. I'll have to make a double batch in future, thanks for posting xx
I altered this to: 4 cups chicken stock 1 onion 2 garlic cloves 2 cups arborio 1/2 cup wine 2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp olive oil 2 red peppers 6 oz goat cheese