Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
If you’re looking for ways to eat your favorite foods in a healthier, lower calorie way and if mashed potatoes are a weakness, you’ll love this veggier, less carbier alternative to your favorite comfort food! Even if you scoff at cauliflower, you’ll never know that this dish isn’t made from a spud! Recipe found at healthyvoyager.com
Top Review by Vin Cent
Another amaaaaaazing recipe from "Wish I could cook"! Simple, quick and easy but so much flavor in it! As an extra tip, use a regular food processor or be careful when mashing the cauliflower with an immersion blender... if not your kitchen will need an extra cleaning! Also, I spread some extra bread crumbs and scallions on top. Was extra flavorful!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vegan chicken broth (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine (Earth Balance)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic, boullion and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives, and serve hot.
- Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.