Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I serve this crostini with a spaghetti dinner, it's also wonderful with a salad. You can use as much garlic as you wish, make certain to purchase the long thin French baguette for this. You can adjust all amounts to taste)
- Set oven to 250 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet/s.
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter with minced garlic.
- Drizzle or brush the melted butter/garlic mixture over the top of the bread slices, then sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from oven, turn over the slices and brush again with butter, then kosher salt and pepper; return to oven and continue baking for 1 hour or until golden brown, turning every 15 minutes.
- Immediately after the slices are finished baking, sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.
I think the pepper is the key to this bread! I used bottled minced garlic and it worked great. I also used a baguette that was 2 days old- so I love the fact that I can buy the ingredients ahead of time with great results. We loved this one.
I used bread that was a little stale for this and you could not tell in the slightest! I did not cook it as long as suggested so it was on the softer side of crisp. The pepper gave it just a tiny bit of a bite. We really enjoyed this.