Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick vegetarian macaroni dish. From The New American Diet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Saute onions in oil until tender in large skillet.
- Add beans and tomatoes. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain macaroni and add to bean-tomato mixture.
- Add parsley, cumin, and salt and let simmer 5 minutes.
I loved this, and it will be in my regular recipe rotation from now on, thanks!
Delicious! I love the garbanzos in this, I ususally make goulash with kidney beans. I didn't have fresh parsley, but used dried and it was still fabulous.
We loved this. BF was a little skeptical at first because it is meat-free, but he was won over at the first bite. Easy, different, healthy, delicious!