Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
So easy--so good. This creamed spinach will turn anyone in your family into a POPEYE!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and place the spinach on top. Sprinkle with the onion and nutmeg and cover the pot.
- Steam on medium heat until the spinach has just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
Scrumptious creamed spinach! my husband love it also my child and I myself. i will absolutely make it again. but i did added some Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and a slash of garlic powder and also i minced fresh onion and i use frozen spinach. love it!
Delightful dish - and so bright & vibrant colored green. My young daughter particularly enjoyed this recipe,gobbling up two helpings. I used fresh minced onion in place fo the dried, as well as light cream cheese.