Recipe by justcallmetoni
A wonderful salad that takes full advantage of summer's best bounty. Paired with grilled meats, this will work well at any BBQ or picnic. Finding this in November has be already longing for next year. In the meantime, I may try this with the frozen variety though I bet it won't be nearly as good. (Update: After WI Cheesehead's experiment with frozen vegetables I managed to track down some fresh corn and beans. Following the directions presented here, the result is sweet crisp vegetables that you simply can't get from the freezer.)
Top Review by Lauren4372
Wonderful!!!! I love the fresh vegetables of summer and what a great easy dressing. I paired this with a creamy fruit salad, baked German Potato Salad, and grilled shrimp. One part that is missing from the recipe, you have to cut the corn from the cob. UPDATE: Tried it again with frozen corn and it is OK, but you really want to use fresh when you can.
- 8 ears corn
- 12 ounces French haricots vert or 12 ounces slender green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare corn by removing husks and silk. In a large soup pot bring water to boil and add corn. Add additional water if needed to make sure the cobs are fully submersed. Cook for five to seven minutes until corn is just tender. Remove corn and set aside to cool.
- In the same water, add the beans and cook for two to three minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain beans and shock with cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Add in the onions, corn, beans and parsley. Toss the salad together until it is fully mixed and coated with the dressing.
- Cover and chill for up to four hours before serving.