Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just saw this on Melissa's Show: Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian Episode: Melissa's 4-Step Fish and it looks like a great meal for company! Put here for safekeeping.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 small white fish fillets (like tilapia or sole, about 1 pound total)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml flour
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 29.58 ml capers (chopped if large)
- 29.58 ml butter (or margarine)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. While the pan is heating, blot the fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Saute the fish in the olive oil until just cooked through, about 4 minutes, turning over halfway through. Remove the fish to a platter.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, whisking for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and capers and stir. Add the butter and stir or whisk to incorporate to bring the sauce together.
- Pour onto the fish and garnish with the chopped parsley. Enjoy!
simple, yet delicious
A very good recipe, although I made the mistake of using cod, which fell part when I cooked it. I wish I had gotten sole or flounder instead... But the sauce was delicious with the fish, and tasted even better with the potato latkes I made. A keeper- thanks for sharing. [Reviewed for BEST OF 2012]
I really enjoyed this! So easy and quick! I made the recipe with Tilapia and garlic salt, and because of their size, I only used 1 1/2 lemons. I loved the tartness of the capers ~ Tagged for Best of 2012!