Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick meal and sort of like a pizza made with a corn bread crust. It makes two and is yummy. It makes a good Sunday night meal or great for the sports fan to munch on while cheering for their favorite team. This is a good recipe to use any Chili you have made and put in the freezer or you can use the canned.
CORN BREAD CRUST
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 311.84 g can corn niblets (or Mexican-style corn, drained )
- 2 (510.29 g) package corn muffin mix
- 158.51 ml milk
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 414.03 ml homemade chili (or a 15-ounce can of chili)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced green onion (use tops too)
- 118.29 ml sliced drained pitted ripe olives
- sour cream (optional)
- CORN BREAD CRUST:.
- Coat two 10-inch round baking pans lightly with oil and line bottoms with cooking parchment.
- Combine the muffin mix, corn, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Spoon half of batter into each of the pans.
- Bake for 20 min; cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert each crust onto a serving platter.
- Heat the Chili in a saucepan over medium heat till hot.
- Spread the Chili evenly over the prepared crusts.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and ripe olives.
- Garnish with sour cream.
- Cut into 8 wedges.