Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A friend gave me this recipe many years ago. It just wouldn't be summer without making a batch of this when the peaches are ripe. This makes a 5 quart (ice cream pail) full of summer goodness and will keep indefinitely. I have made this in the summer and still had some at Christmas, although most of the time it doesn't last that long! Note: Cooking time is freezing time.
- 8 fresh peaches, washed and coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen orange juice
- 10 ounces frozen lemonade
- 8 cups water
- 46 ounces apricot nectar
- 1 liter peach schnapps
- Wash and coarsely chop peaches, set aside.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in 5 quart pail until mixed.
- Stir in chopped peaches.
- Put lid on pail and freeze at least 24 hours.
- Check about half way through freezing time and stir to distribute peaches in the mixture.
- To serve.
- Remove from freezer and let set about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Scoop out of pail with ice cream scoop and fill glass about 2/3 full with slush mixture.
- Top with 7-up or Squirt -- do not use Sprite as it gives it an "off" taste.
I would give this 10 stars if I could! Perfect summer drink. This makes a lot but won't last long.