Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy home made croutons to top your soup or salad giving extra flavor and crunch!
Make and share this Elephant Garlic Herbed Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 elephant garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups cubed day-old sourdough bread (1/2 inch)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, and or parsley)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (optional)
- Melt the butter and oil in an oven-proof skillet and sauté the chopped garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add bread cubes and herbs tossing to combine.
- Place on a cookie sheet pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
These turned out so good! I used parsley, but will try it with basil and oregano soon! I used some MexicaN Parmesan cheese. Thank you Rita!