Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy home made croutons to top your soup or salad giving extra flavor and crunch!
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 elephant garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups cubed day-old sourdough bread (1/2 inch)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, and or parsley)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (optional)
- Melt the butter and oil in an oven-proof skillet and sauté the chopped garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add bread cubes and herbs tossing to combine.
- Place on a cookie sheet pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
These turned out so good! I used parsley, but will try it with basil and oregano soon! I used some MexicaN Parmesan cheese. Thank you Rita!