Recipe by Axe
This has become a family staple for occasions when we are in the mood for a nice thin, light soup. Often I'll double the recipe.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This soup was so easy and quick to put together. The flavor was absolutely delicious !!! I think I would like to next time use the immersion blender in it for just a bit before adding the egg. I only needed 2 bowls for lunch so the remainder I had put in a container to freeze without the egg in it. Also a good quality can of plum tomatoes makes a difference. Will be making this soup again. Makes for a great lunch because it is not heavy. Thanks for sharing Axe....will be making this often. I love soups for lunch with either sandwiches or salads.
- 396.89 g plum tomatoes, 1 can
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 473.19 ml chicken stock
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and chop tomatoes and reserve juice.
- Bring soy sauce, tomato juice and stock to the boil.
- Add tomatoes and half the spring onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Dribble beaten eggs in gradually.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining spring onions.