Recipe by Prose
A super easy weeknight meal that tastes like fattening comfort food, but is actually quite healthy. Also very adaptable.
Top Review by Cookie16
We all loved it. I didn't even tell my non-veg husband and kids that it was made with tofu because they would have been suspicious. The taste is like a creamy pink sauce but lighter. I used 1 lb. of silken lite tofu and added a bit more vinegar that called for. Served it over ziti with a nice big salad. Thanks Prose. This is sure to become a staple!!
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 12 1⁄2 ounces firm silken tofu
- 2 ounces soymilk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar or 2 ounces vodka
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in a saucepan over low to low-medium heat.
- Blend tofu, soy milk, and nutritional yeast in blender or food processor until smooth. You may also add about a tablespoon of olive oil or additional soy milk, until the consistency is like thick alfredo sauce.
- Add tofu mixture to the saucepan with the marinara sauce. Stir in vinegar or vodka. Add salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like, to taste. Continue to simmer over low heat until pasta is ready.
- Toss with drained pasta and enjoy!
- Serving suggestions: add sauteed veggies or your favorite meat subsitutes; top with freshly ground black pepper, nutritional yeast, or your favorite vegan cheese.