Recipe by lil pilgrim
This is a fun, easy recipe and it's very addictive. It's fun to change the colors of the M&M's with the holidays! I got this recipe from a friend of mine and I believe that she got it out of Taste of Home magazine possibly?? The quantity that you'll get will depend on the number of pretzels that are in the particular bag that you're buying. Be sure to allow for broken pretzels in the bag as that's just inevitable. I have only been able to find the "square" pretzels at Walmart.
- 1 (15 ounce) bagsquare waffle pretzels
- 2 (13 ounce) bags Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1 (14 ounce) bag peanut butter M&M's
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven onto warm (approximately 170 degrees).
- Line a cookie sheet with the pretzels.
- I used a cookie sheet with sides so that they would not slide off.
- Unwrap a Hershey Kiss and place it in the center of each pretzel and continue doing that until every pretzel has a Hershey Kiss sitting on top of it.
- Place cookie sheet in oven.
- Check them every few minutes until the Hershey Kiss gets glossy.
- This takes about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime put the M&M's in a bowl.
- When the Hershey Kiss is sufficently melted (it will still look like a kiss, but will be shiny) take the cookie sheet out of the oven.
- Take one M&M and place it on top of the Hershey Kiss and give it a little"squish".
- This pushes the chocolate into the pretzel and adheres all three pieces together.
- I used all of the colorful M&M's and ate the brown ones!
- Do this until each pretzel/kiss is topped with a M&M.
- I placed the whole cookie sheet in the refrigerator until they firmed up.
- I've also used the Hershey Hugs instead of the Hershey Kisses.
- The Hershey Hugs will melt FASTER than the Hershey Kisses, so watch carefully!
- I've also used plain M&M's instead of the peanut butter ones as well.