An easy "fried like" potato recipe that's easy to assemble and doesn't soak up loads of cooking oil. Reminds me of old-style fried potatoes and onions. If you like cheddar cheese, shredded cheese may be added to the layering process. This will get a little crisp around the edges. If you don't care for crispy, cut back on cooking time checking with a fork to see if paotatoes are tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash potatoes & slice thin but do not peel.
- 2Peel onion &slice thin.
- 3Use 1/2 of the butter to grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- 4Fill casserole with alternate layers of potatoes and onion and the optional cheese if desired.
- 5Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper.
- 6The top layer should be potatoes.
- 7Dot remaining butter on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Cover and microwave on high 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy "Fried" Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 378.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g