Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy "fried like" potato recipe that's easy to assemble and doesn't soak up loads of cooking oil. Reminds me of old-style fried potatoes and onions. If you like cheddar cheese, shredded cheese may be added to the layering process. This will get a little crisp around the edges. If you don't care for crispy, cut back on cooking time checking with a fork to see if paotatoes are tender.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 white potatoes or 1 1⁄2 lbs white potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Wash potatoes & slice thin but do not peel.
- Peel onion &slice thin.
- Use 1/2 of the butter to grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Fill casserole with alternate layers of potatoes and onion and the optional cheese if desired.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper.
- The top layer should be potatoes.
- Dot remaining butter on top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and microwave on high 20 minutes.