Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is in response to a recipe request. This is a pretty basic recipe for New Peas and Potatoes. My great grandma had the best recipes, and this was one of them. We usually have this whenever we have a ham dinner. It is funny how you can have a recipe but it doesnt even come close to grandmas! LOL This is still a very good and cheap recipe. I love a lot more "gravy" with my potatoes and peas.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (more or less depending on how thick you want it)
- 2 -3 lbs new potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut up, if needed
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- Melt the butter in a pan, and then add flour and mix and let cook for a minute.
- Add in milk next to make a white sauce, this sauce isnt meant to be really thick, but some people prefer it thicker.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then pour sauce over potatoes and warm the potatoes.
- Once heated through, throw peas in and serve.
Made this for my mom who just had hip replacement surgery. She was so thrilled and loved the taste!! Easy recipe also.
I have trid a lot of recipes for this and this is just what I was looking for. I added some minced garlic and it was perfect!
this is exactly what I was looking for and couldn't remember, thank you! tasted just as I remebered.