1/1 Photo of Easy Creamy No-Cream Potato Leek Soup
Amy Blum's Note:
This is a quick and very tasty soup that is very easy. I love it with a crusty bread and a salad for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 7 cups of water with 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Wash leeks carefully, and chop into medium sized pieces.
- 4When water is boiling, add potatoes and leeks.
- 5Turn down heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- 6Reserving 2 to 3 cups of the cooking water, put the remaining contents of the pot into a blender or food processor.
- 7Puree until smooth.
- 8Add butter and blend until smooth.
- 9Return soup to pot and bring to a boil.
- 10Add reserved cooking water until soup reaches desired consistency (I like to leave it thick).
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- 12Reheats very well.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy No-Cream Potato Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 81.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g