1/1 Photo of Easy Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
Chef of 5's Note:
I have been making this macaroni and cheese for a while now. It satisfies my cheese craving. This stove top recipe doesn't take much longer than the box stuff, but tastes like homemade without the preservatives. This is definitely comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan. When melted, whisk in the flour until incorporated and cook for 30 seconds or so until thickened.
- 3Slowly pour in cream and milk while whisking. Cook until thickened on low heat, whisking frequently. Usually 3-4 minutes.
- 4Remove pot from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Once all the cheese has melted, add macaroni and stir well. Adjust salt and pepper per taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.7
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.4 g
- Saturated Fat 38.7 g
- Cholesterol 205.0 mg
- Sodium 528.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 29.5 g